Health Facilities Design and Development Summit at Victorian Healthcare Week 2016
Following the success of Australian Healthcare Week in Sydney this March, which attracted over 2100 visitors from across the Australian healthcare system and the rest of the world, we are pleased to announce Victorian Healthcare Week in Melbourne this August.
Health Facilities Design and Development Outline:
As average life expectancy continues to rise across the world with a higher prevalence of people living longer with chronic disease, we are seeing unsustainable pressure being placed on an already over-stretched healthcare system.
In response to the challenges faced we are witnessing a drive towards a more connected digital healthcare system and, in an era of budgetary constraints, many organisations are looking to achieve cost and efficiency savings through partnership with the private sector. We are seeing this happen though the design and delivery process and also through partnership with technology innovators as we look to future proof our facilities in response to future healthcare challenges, and new models of care in the healthcare system of 2020 and beyond.
I am pleased to share with you the full program for our Healthcare Facilities Design and Development Summit taking place at Victorian Healthcare Week.
Learning areas will include:
- The Design and Delivery of Tomorrow’s Healthcare Facilities
- The Hospital of the Future: Redefining the Patient Experience
- Designing and Delivering a Health Precinct that Integrates World Class Healthcare, Research and Innovation, Education and Industry
- The Emergency Department: Considerations for Innovation and Strategic Design
- Understanding the Commissioning Challenges You Will Face in your New or Redeveloped Healthcare Facility
- Integrated Healthcare Design: Transforming the Way we Thing about Lean Hospital Design
- Designing Integrated, Connected and Cooperative Models of Care that Respond and Cater to an Increase in Patients with Long Term Chronic Illnesses
- Population Health: What is to Become of Existing Hospital Buildings and How will these Facilities Need to Change to Accommodate Care Delivery System Needs?
Featuring thought leaders from across Australia and the rest of the world, this program has been developed for all stakeholders involved in the design and delivery of new build and retrofit healthcare facilities. If you are looking for solutions to the challenges you will face throughout your project lifecycle, then you cannot afford to miss our Health Facilities Design and Development Summit at Victorian Healthcare Week.
What's planned for Victorian Healthcare Week?
Victorian Healthcare Week is Victoria’s largest event encompassing design and development, digital innovation and aged care reform, for stakeholders looking to develop strategies to address the challenges faced during the design, delivery and operation of our hospitals of the future.
In addition to showcasing some of Victoria’s most innovative projects, the event will feature international thought leaders from the US, Europe and Asia.
Event structure at a glance: